Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kasey Kahne: 'It Was Time for Me to Move On'

Filed under: , , , , ,

Discussing his abrupt departure from Richard Petty Motorsports this week, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Kasey Kahne insisted Friday morning that it was a mutual decision. He dismissed reports that he was owed money from the team and challenged anyone to question his commitment despite the late-season split.

"It was time for me to move on,'' Kahne told reporters Friday morning at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, where he'll begin his tenure in the No. 83 Red Bull Toyota in Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.

"It definitely went down differently than what a lot of people people expected, including myself. It's a big change for myself. I'm been doing the same thing for six and a half years. ... and now everything's different, but I'm looking forward to it. I've been looking forward to next year and now I've got a quicker start on it.

"I think it's good for me that it happened. And I think it's good for RPM also.''

Red Bull Racing general manager Jay Frye concurred and acknowledged the timing certainly benefited them as well. Kahne was already set to run the full 2011 season with the team before taking over the No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet in 2012. With one of Red Bull's lead drivers, Brian Vickers recovering from a blood clot, the No. 83 was available for Kahne now.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2010/10/22/kasey-kahne-it-was-time-for-me-to-move-on/

GT Vodka Chevrolet Jason Leffler Great Clips Toyota Parker Kligerman Steve Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment