Sunday, February 27, 2011

Trevor Bayne Says He's Sticking With Nationwide Championship Run

Filed under: , , , , ,



Whoever wins the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup series championship, his name won't be Daytona 500 champ Trevor Bayne.

The 20-year-old rookie, who became the youngest winner of the Daytona 500 Sunday, said he's sticking with his original plan for the season -- a full-time Nationwide series run for the championship and a part-time Sprint Cup campaign.

"I think I am going to stay with Nationwide," Bayne said Tuesday on the weekly NASCAR teleconference. "Nothing has really changed for me other than that I am the Daytona 500 champion, which is really incredible.

"I think we are still going to have an awesome year for Roush Fenway running for that Nationwide championship. Obviously we still have a blank car and I would love to get some partners on it, but as of now we are still running for it full time over there. I am still not full-time Cup and I am going to run for the championship in Nationwide. I don't regret any of our decisions there."

Bayne will also run at least 17 more races in Sprint Cup for the Wood Brothers.

As they have for the past several years and for most of their long and storied history in NASCAR, the Wood Brothers are running only a partial schedule.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Copart Ford Aric Almirola JR Motorsports Chevrolet Justin Allgaier Verizon Wireless Dodge

No comments:

Post a Comment