Sunday, November 28, 2010

Jorge Lorenzo?s perspective on 2010

The MotoGP World Champion talks about his first premier class title in a feature interview, discussing the moments of his campaign which stood out for him and also looking ahead to defending his crown in 2011?

Jorge Lorenzo?s perspective on 2010
Jorge Lorenzo's 2010 review
MotoGP World Champion at the relatively tender age of 23, Jorge Lorenzo has already accomplished one of his lifelong ambitions. The Spanish rider broke a number of records on his way to the 2010 title, amassing nine victories and a total of 16 podiums, and in the attached video feature interview he talks about his achievement in depth.
The first of Lorenzo?s wins came in Round 2 at Jerez, his first premier class victory on home soil and one which holds special significance for him. ?We were highly motivated when we got to Jerez but the race didn?t start in the best manner, as I dropped to fourth or fifth. But then suddenly my mind just changed and I started to go much quicker, recovering seconds on the leaders. My adrenaline was so high and I wanted the win whatever happened. I took risks and fortunately it happened,? said Lorenzo.
Other notable moments looked back on during the course of the year included three successive wins at Silverstone, Assen and Catalunya, when Lorenzo really asserted his hold on the leader?s spot. ?After (second place at) Mugello I won three in a row and took a big points advantage. At this moment we seemed unbeatable, but it was only a question of time before our rivals would catch us. It wasn?t easy to keep calm and be patient and avoid making mistakes. At some points the other bikes, especially Honda, were very strong and in these races the only thing I could do was finish on the podium, even fourth, and that?s what I did.?
Crossing the finish line in third place in Round 15 at Sepang was the moment Lorenzo?s dream was realised, and he explained: ?I didn?t think I?d be nervous when I got to Sepang, but when the time came I was more nervous than ever. It was difficult to handle the situation. At the moment I became Champion I didn?t feel anything because I?d imagined it so many times, but after a matter of hours I started to enjoy my moment and become fully conscious that I was World Champion.?
In 2011 Lorenzo will attempt to defend his title, a feat he managed successfully to achieve in the 250cc class, and looking ahead he concluded: ?In terms of concentration and focus it will be difficult, but I think my mind will be at the same level, or this is what I?ll try to do. To get the same amount of points (383 ? a new record in MotoGP), the same number of victories, it?s going to be extremely hard of course, but you never know. It could happen like this again, or it could be a disaster of a season. This is the great thing about sport: you never know what will happen!?

A J Allmendinger Insignia HDTV Ford Clint Bowyer Cheerios Hamburger Helper Chevrolet David Reutimann

No comments:

Post a Comment