Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Think you're ready for an EV? The BMW EVolve app has the answer [w/video]

BMW EVolve App for iPhone
BMW EVolve App for iPhone - Click above for high-res image gallery

I want an EV. Call me an early adopting sucker, but I've been actively considering an electric vehicle after spending a week with the Tesla Roadster Sport. But the Tesla is way beyond my meager means and the Nissan Leaf is just too pedestrian for my gearhead tastes. So what's left? Not much. The Focus Electric makes a strong case for itself, but it's still a ways out, and while the Tesla Model S certainly has styling, size and geeky sex-appeal on its side, like the Roadster, it's beyond my budget.

So there's one option left. And it's a good one. With rear-wheel drive, a reasonable range and a lease price that - while yet to be set $499 a month with a $2,250 downpayment - I've been assured should be within reach of a full-time blogger. I'm talking about the BMW 1 Series-based ActiveE. And if BMW's latest app for the iPhone and Android is any indication, the ActiveE could be the perfect fit for me. But what about you?

Continue reading Think you're ready for an EV? The BMW EVolve app has the answer...


Continue reading Think you're ready for an EV? The BMW EVolve app has the answer [w/video]

Think you're ready for an EV? The BMW EVolve app has the answer [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Bill Holland Jackie Holmes Bill Homeier Kazuyoshi Hoshino Jerry Hoyt

No comments:

Post a Comment